The Order of the President of Ukraine on November 4, 2016 has been created the Coordinating Council
for Civil Society Development. The Coordinating Council is an advisory body to the President of Ukraine.
Its main objectives are:
1) working out and submission to the President of Ukraine proposals on:
a. promotion of constructive interaction between state bodies, local self-government with
civil society, including the implementation of the National Strategy for Civil Society
Development in Ukraine in 2016 – 2020;
b. creating a favorable environment for strengthening the role of civil society organizations
to attract its potential in the development and implementation of state, regional policy,
solving local issues, mechanisms to promote civil society in Ukraine on the basis of the
2) the methodological support, monitoring and evaluation the implementation of the Strategy;
3) preparation, review of bills proposed for making the President of Ukraine to the Verkhovna
Rada of Ukraine concerning the issues of civil society in Ukraine, bringing the national legislation
in the sphere of civil society in line with European standards, consideration of draft acts of the
President of Ukraine on these issues and preparing proposals for such projects;
4) participating in the preparation of the messages of the President of Ukraine to the people, the
annual and special messages of the President of Ukraine to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on
the internal and external situation of Ukraine;
5) participation in the education and information activities aimed at involving representatives of
civil society organizations to participate in the work of state bodies and local authorities.
Coordination Board to perform its tasks has the right to the established order:
1) request and receive from state agencies, local governments, enterprises, institutions, organizations,
associations required information, documents and materials;
2) invite to meet and involve some discussion of leaders and representatives of state agencies, local
governments, enterprises, institutions, organizations, associations and experts;
3) to set up expert and working groups to study specific issues within the competence of the
4) engage when necessary to study specific issues government officials, local authorities, NGOs and
experts, scholars and professionals;
5) to initiate public discussions, conferences, round tables, discussions, meetings on matters within the
jurisdiction of the Coordinating Council.
Coordination Council in the performance of its tasks in the prescribed manner interacts with other
subsidiary bodies and agencies created by the President of Ukraine, and state agencies, local
governments, the National Institute for Strategic Studies, enterprises, scientific and other institutions,
organizations, public associations, as well as governmental and non-governmental organizations of
other countries and relevant international organizations.
Coordination Council shall be composed of two co-chairmen and other members of the Coordinating
Council, participating in its work on a voluntary basis. The composition of the Coordination Council is
formed of representatives of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, other state agencies, local
governments, academic institutions and representatives of civil society organizations, whose number
should be at least half of the members of the Coordinating Council. Personal composition of the
Coordination Council approves the President of Ukraine.
Deputy Chairman of Association for community self-organization assistance, the head of the analytical
department of the Association – Andrii Krupnyk became a member the Coordination Council.